Mera Pehela Pehela Job..........

24th August: Call from CRT Consultancy……………..vacancy at Idea7 something at Mahape somewhere.

25th August: Interview- Company(?) Profile(??) Chances(???)
(Morning) Interview passed(!!!)

HR:- Join from tommrow.
ME:- What? Are you kidding?

25th August: I am not joining. Is it some kind of a joke?
(Afternoon)

25th August : Not gonna join. I need time to think.
(Evening)

26th August: Not a bad idea actually. Maybe……
(Morning)

26th August: I am joining.
(Afternoon)

26th August: Totally blank
(Evening)

27th August: 1st day- Induction with Nisha from Delhi. A full day with Vikas Sir.

At the end of the day:- Idea7(?) Jobguru India(??) FADA Academy(???) Ziglar India(????)

28th August: A cynical mind. Sales job? That too in automobile industry? And after a training worth Rs.3000!!! Who will want to do it?
Something like this wont work…….ever.

31st August: No salary till 10th ? MY GOD. Should I quit now or after salary? I don’t wanna keep making calls. But I want my money.

2nd Sept. : I don’t want the money. I just wanna quit. Its so depressing. Making 100 calls a day and no one even shows up.
Always knew it anyways……..it wont work.

5th Sept. :OK! So people come afterall. Why? Sales me training leke job karenge!!!

6th Sept. : MY GOD! People leaving jobs for this? OH NO! What a big risk. W hat if they don’t get placed???????


First batch of 6 candidates starts. More than half dropouts. I knew it anyways. It wont work.
Two candidates complete training – Good for them
Both of them placed – Plain lucky

October: Counselling will be done by me. And also some other work than telecalling. OK. Maybe I will stay for some time. But not for long.

5th October: Got my P.C. Maybe I will stay.

Mid October: O.K. Came across some more people who require a job. For them it’s a dream job. Fine lets see.

Vikas sir says use personal contacts. I don’t find anyone who requires a job. I cannot do anything. I cannot get candidates. Telecalling is enough.

November: Three unexpected people turn up for counseling. Call centre dudes. Earning more than Rs.20000 a month.
NO CHANCE. They are not gonna register.

Some days later: MY GOD!!! Two of them registered. Why???
One of them, Aziz, had said,”We don’t want money. We wasted 4years in call centres. We want our life back.”

Mid November: Training starts.
I find mysef calling friends for references. I even asked a poor chap who had come to sell corporate SIM cards to our office.
(Courtesy:Ipsita)

November End: I start thinking how to get candidates. How to reach to them. What can be done. Going to cyber cafes, making a list of computer classes,
etc.etc.etc.

December 1st Week: Training completes. Placements almost done. No dropouts. EXCELLENT!!!

Why am I getting a feeling of satisfaction? Nothing compared to what Vikas sir feels.

After all………….I realized this concept works.
And in the words of Aziz………”FADA ACADEMY ROCKS”

Comments

Popular Posts