Thoda Socho Na.....

The following story is a dream my mom saw a while back. Just a dream. But it always makes me think, whenever I recollect it. Hope it does the same for you...............

One fine evening my mom was out for a walk. A nice and breezy evening it was. While walking for some time, she realised that she was being followed by a small child. A shabby street urchin with muddy clothes, dusty face and a running nose. Repelled by the appearance of the boy, my mom tried to avoid him in every possible way. She felt embarassed just because the boy was following her. Thinking what would other people on the street think about her; walking with such a filthy child.

She crossed the street in the hope of getting rid of him, but the kid too crossed the street and kept following her. She started taking quick steps with a hope that the child wont be able to keep up with her. But the child still followed; almost running behind her now. Finally she confontred him,"kyu aa rahe ho mere peeche? ghar jao". But the child did not budge. My mom gave up and kept walking to the temple she went everyday; the child still behind her.

On the way my mom encountered a strange thing on the street. There was a tall and steep wall right in the middle of the street and people trying to cross it to go ahead! (Dont forget its a dream afterall !!!) My mom stood flabbergasted in front of the wall thinking hard about how to cross the wall (without getting embarassed that is).

Unable to find a way, she turned back and decided to leave. As she turned back, she saw the boy standing behind her. Not in a mood to say anything, my mom started to leave. But suddenly the child reached out to her and took her hand in his own and signalled her to follow him. My mom was very surprised but she couldnt resist for some reason. She followed him.

After walking for a few seconds along the wall, the child pointed out at something which left her totally amazed..........there was a cavity in the wall through which my mom could have easily passed. Her dream ended with her just staring at the child and the child smiling back at her.

The dream ended..........but the thoughts remained.

Why did my mom feel embaressed by the child? Just because he was unclean? Why do we give so much importance to appearances? Do they really matter that much? Why do we shut out anyone or anything just because they do not appear good?

Sometimes our goals are right in front of us, but we mould our minds in such a way that we cannot see them.

Sometimes small and unusual things can help us in a way we cannot even imagine.

Think Think Think.

The more I think, the more this story teaches me.

So? What did YOU learn today?

Comments

Popular Posts