Mera Bharat Mahan..........

I hate 15th August and 26th January. Yes, I hate these two days. Surprised???? Come on, I have my reasons.

The first and foremost reason I dont like these two days is that I have to see small children selling paper flags on the streets. Ragged poor children with their hopeful little eyes looking towards us expecting that we buy their flags.For us our flag is our pride. Every colour depicting something about our nation. No, I am not going to ask you what they mean.............chill. We atleast got the opportunity to learn it. But these small children wont be able to identify which colours they are, let alone their meanings. For them its just,"if I sell 50 flags I will get Rs.10 and maybe a better meal than everyday". And the day after these two festivals is no better, with our "pride" strewn on the streets and footpaths to be stamped by people. Strange isnt it!!!

Worst still are the political parties who use these days to demonstrate their sudden patriotrism. And their best form of demonstration is putting up large pandals with huge speakers and lights all electrified by the common electric pole!!!! I am relieved that this patriotrism emerges only twice every year, or else we would have a bomb of electricity bills.

And then there are people who dont know exactly which date is Independence Day and which is Republic Day. Wow!!! Its just a paid holiday guys,chill!!!

What have we brought ourselves to??? Stop! Think! And Act....is all what I wana say.

Comments

  1. Good very good ,i really think you should write for news papaers & magzines also or you can send this blog to times of india office to publish this, because this is a fact that we are thinking our independance day & republic day only as a paid holiday nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said....i 100% agree with u..good job done...keep up d good work :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts