Guiltless Pleasures..........

Ever wondered how many times it happens that we are happy, but that happiness leads to some sort of guilt.

Like the time when you are hogging on food at a KFC Joint or a Mc. D and you see poor hungry kids begging outside. Gawd, I just cant take it even if I try to put a logic to things saying that begging is nowadays a profession, its a racket, my helping might only make things worst, I have worked hard for the money I am spending and deserve the food, etc etc., I am completely guilt stricken.

Or when you give a lame reason to your parents to go and party. You have a lot of fun at the party but when you return home and see the blissfully unaware expressions on the faces of your parents, its a like a knife stabbing your heart. No matter how much I value my freedom, I somehow end up feeling guilty.

Tired of this feeling I have made a list of all the (hopefully) guiltless pleasures in life:
1. Read a good book
2. Cook and feed people around you (it might even give some sadistic pleasure)
3. Exercise (serious)
4. Chat with a long lost friend
5. Watch a good movie (get in touch with me for an exhaustive list of titles)
6. Take parents out at a park in the evening

There are many more, but yet, once in a while, hog on food or go out and party.
Whats life without some forbidden joys :)

Comments

  1. that's a wonderful take one life.. to live life.. guilt free.. all the time... would be amazing..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts